Colour theory can be a complicated thing. This is my attempt to simplify it.
Even though we have left it so long, there is absolutely no reason to believe that Green is not an important coulour. The colour green is actually very important and not just because it’s one of the colours in my favourite colour space (RGB).
Green is the colour which occupies more space in that spectrum of light that is visible to our human eyes than most colours. It goes without saying that it is the colour which we see the most in the natural world, which makes it ideal for for interior design because we see it so often anyway so it will just feel natural.
- The colour is one which soothes.
- Green relaxes you mentally as well as physically
- It helps alleviate depression, nervouseness and anxiety
- The colour also offers a sense of revival, self control and harmony.
As proof of the wide spectrum which green occupies, it is the colour which is used for night vision goggles because our eyes are most sensitive to it and pick it out easier than other colours.
Purple is that perfect mix between the stimulation of Red and the beautiful calm offered by Blue. It is the colour which is used to represent not only royalty but also mysticism. It is a colour which us creative and eccentric types tend to drift towards and the fact that it was the colour of the first dye made, goes further to prove my point.
- This colour is one which uplifts
- It calms the mind and nerves
- Offers a sense of spirituality
- It encourages creativity.
No. Pink is not for girls. Well, not just for girls. The bright pink is a colour which is fun, exciting, youthful. The vibrant pinks tend to have the same energy which Red offer (without the jarring of course). This is a colour which is sensual and passionate in a subtle manner. Red’s passion plus white’s purity results in beautiful Pink colours which are ideal for romance as it encourages friendliness and discourages ill-will.
- Bright pink stimulate energy
- It can also increase blood pressure and respiration
- Encourages action and confidence
If you are on a diet, avoid Pink because it makes us crave sugar :/.